- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in English. GCSE Combined Science at Grade 4 is advantageous (Extended Diploma)
- Extended Certificate is equivalent to one A Level over two years, Diploma is two and Extended Diploma is equivalent to three A Levels over two years
- Extended Certificate assessment is based on coursework, Diploma and Extended Diploma is based on coursework and exams
- Allows you to study sport within both academic and professional contexts
- Carries UCAS points, supporting progression to higher education
- Additional coaching awards may be optional and go well with the courses. You would be involved in coaching children and others in the local community.
The Sport Level 3 courses offer you an insight into the sport industry, with a strong focus on the workplace. This new form of qualification was established in conjunction with the University of Cambridge, for those who enjoy studying in a practical, work-related way. The Certificate takes up one subject slot, the Diploma takes up two and the Extended Diploma takes up three. After studying either course at Barton Peveril, you will be able to apply your practical and theoretical skills to real workplace scenarios.
The Extended Certificate in Sport is equivalent to one A Level over two years.
The Diploma in Sport is equivalent to two A Levels over two years.
The Extended Diploma in Sport is equivalent to three A Levels over two years and can equate to a full timetable.