- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in English
- Minimum Average GCSE Score required for this course: 4
- Religious Studies GCSE is not required
- Opportunities for visits related to Buddhism and to attend lectures from local universities
- A good base for most degrees including Religious Studies and Theology.
Religious Studies deals with a breadth of topics ranging from Buddhist attitudes to a study of central issues within Religion and Ethics and the Philosophy of Religion.
The course offers a stand-back study of religious and non-religious views, so you don’t need to be religious yourself in order to enjoy it. The syllabus aims to gives you an insight into arguments for or against the existence of God and what it means to lead a good life. Religious Studies helps you to identify and build really good strong arguments in response to a whole range of interesting ideas. It also helps you to think clearly about some difficult issues in the modern world.
Religious Studies is a thought provoking subject and the contemporary themes you will encounter will inspire you to learn and develop as an individual.
Exam Board: A Level Religious Studies – AQA