- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 4 in Music if taken
- Grade 7 on your main instrument or voice
- You must also be able to read music fluently and have some understanding of Music Theory (ABRSM), up to grade 5
- This course focuses 100% on developing your ability as a jazz performer
- One-to-one tuition from specialist jazz instrumental/vocal teachers
- You will have the opportunity to benefit from the strong links which the department has with the UK’s leading conservatoires and specialist jazz music departments. The Subsidiary Diploma is designed to enable you to access these prestigious courses.
This course (equivalent to 1.5 A Levels) is designed for highly able musicians who are thinking seriously about pursuing a career in the music industry as music performers. The different units in the course will enable you to develop the skills you need to prepare to apply for the UK’s most prestigious jazz/popular music performance courses.
Professional Performance Studies in Music
The Professional Performance Studies in Music option is for students who are looking to enhance their exploration of music further, as it combines Popular Music Performance, A Level Music and one hour per week of free instrumental or vocal tuition. This will be the equivalent of 2.5 A Levels. Places on this course are limited.
Exam Board: Popular Music Performance – RSL (Music Practitioners)
Music Mark Member