- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 5 in English and Mathematics
- Minimum Average GCSE Score required for this course: 5.5
- You will be taught by Philosophy graduates with a shared passion for this thought-provoking subject
- Students organise a weekly Philosophy Club within which they debate a variety of philosophical issues of their own choice
- You will not be just studying Philosophy, you will be philosophising (arguing, debating and evaluating).
- What can we know?
- Can the existence of God be proven?
- How do we make moral decisions?
- Are my mind and body separate?
If these key questions really interest you, then Philosophy is a good choice. You will be examined on how well you have understood how philosophers have dealt with these questions. This process will also help you reason through what you really think. The course involves a lot of lively discussion, but you will need to be willing to read widely and to write essays which explore key philosophical issues.