- GCSEs to include at least a Grade 4 in English
- Merit grade in a vocational Level 2 subject, if taken
- Assessed on your ability to produce and evaluate creative Media products
- The course carries UCAS points corresponding to two A Levels, supporting progression to higher education
- Assessment based on coursework and exams
- Choose this Media course option if you’re considering a career in traditional media industries such as graphic design, advertising and video production.
This particular Media course is a vocational one, so you are assessed on skills that are transferable to the needs of employers as well as those required in higher education.
The course has been designed for people who enjoy learning in a practical, work-related way and has been developed to provide high quality, industry recognised qualifications that acknowledge skills, knowledge and understanding of the sector, together with the settings, job roles, principles and values involved. This course is suited to students who want to experience a range of different digital media techniques, from print design, comics, web creation, animation, advertising to photography and video.
Media (Production): Digital Media is designed for people who enjoy learning in a practical, workrelated way. The course provides a high quality, industry recognised qualification that acknowledges the skills, settings, job roles, principles and values involved in the Media Industry. This course is suited to students who want to experience a range of different digital media techniques, from print design, comics, web creation, animation, advertising to photography and video.Assessment is through mainly coursework and some exams which reflects the various practical and written demands of the contemporary creative industries where multitasking is an important and required skill. Passion, creativity,organisation and self-motivation are important attributes of a student that wants to pursue a career in the ‘Media’.
From the outset you are assessed at A Level standard so expectations are high, but you will receive excellent support from an experienced team and have access to a well-resourced department and facilities.
Exam Board: Media (Production) Diploma – OCR