What you need
- Minimum of four GCSEs at Grade 3 including English and Mathematics
- To choose between either the Business, Media or Creative pathways
What you will learn
The Level 2 course equips you with the skills, knowledge and qualifications you need to progress to the next stage in your academic career. As well as completing GCSE English and/or GCSE Mathematics and/or Functional Skills, you will also complete a core Business Extended Certificate and then choose between either the Business, Media or Creative pathways.
Core: Business Extended Certificate
- Planning, promoting and marketing
- Speaking and listening within a business context
- Identifying own strengths and skills
- Developing own career plan
- Applying and interviewing for a job
- Developing personal selling skills
- Presenting and developing interpersonal skills.
Business Pathway (Business Diploma)
- Describing, explaining, analysing and evaluating
- Decision making
- Creating web pages
- Managing business finance.
Media Pathway (Media Extended Certificate)
- Media products and their target audience
- Distribution and promotion of media products
- Planning and producing a new talk and music radio programme
- Plan, produce and edit footage of a two minute segment for an original film or TV media product.
Creative Pathway (GCSE Photography)
- Engaging independently in the creative process
- Critical and reflective thinkers with enquiring minds
- Developing investigative, analytical, experimental, practical, technical and expressive skills
- Exploring and experimenting with ideas, processes, media, materials and techniques
- Developing and refining ideas and proposals, personal outcomes or solutions with increasing independence
- Risk taking and learning from experience.