- GCSEs to include a minimum Grade 6 in French (Higher)
- Minimum Average GCSE Score required for this course: 5
- An extra weekly session dedicated to practising conversation and developing expertise in grammar
- Successfully learning a language demonstrates a wide range of skills valued by employers
- French is spoken in more than 29 countries including Canada, Switzerland, Belgium and a lot of countries in Africa.
This course is designed to build your skills in listening, reading, writing and speaking to a very high level, enabling you to use French as a tool for intellectual discussion and gain a qualification suitable for studying the language at degree level. The topic areas act as a vehicle through which you will study French grammar in depth. They will also help you build a very broad vocabulary which is a prerequisite for success.
Individual study, whole class work, pair work, group work and conversation sessions will allow you to build confidence in applying the vocabulary and grammar that you have learned and to express your ideas in speech and writing on a range of issues. You will need to come to terms with learning, memorising and using a wide range of vocabulary as well as learning and applying the rules of grammar. In the study of a language a good knowledge of grammar will set you free!
Exam Board: A Level French – AQA