- GCSEs should include a Grade 4 in English and/or History
- Minimum Average GCSE Score required for this course: 4
- Classical Civilisation prides itself on offering many domestic trips and an annual trip abroad.
The Classical Civilisation course is for anyone who is interested in finding out about the ancient world through its history, myths and stories. Much of our world is shaped by the ideas of the Greeks and Romans, and by doing this course you will find out about their influence in lots of areas of modern life.
The course consists of three elements, looking into the most fascinating elements of the ancient world:
- Literary Epic, looking at Homer’s Odyssey and Virgil’s ‘Aeneid’
- History and Culture, the invention of the Barbarian through the Persian Wars
- Beliefs and Ideas, examining the Greek gods and how they were worshipped.
Exam Board: A Level Classical Civilisation – OCR