Page last updated: 26 February 2020, 16:00
Barton Peveril are aware that a number of cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in the United Kingdom. The College is taking preventative actions for the safety of students, staff, and visitors. What the College is doing:
- Monitoring the situation within the UK and local area
- Following advice and guidance from Public Health England
- Keeping students and staff informed, in line with Public Health England guidance
- Reviewing College cleaning procedures.
What students, staff, and visitors can do to stay healthy:
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water
- Cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Refrain from touching face without washing hands
- Maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle.
There are specified countries and areas with implications for returning travellers or visitors arriving in the UK.
Category 1: Travellers should immediately self-isolate, even if asymptomatic, and call NHS 111 to inform of recent travel.
Category 2: Travellers do not need to undertake any special measures, but if they develop symptoms they should self-isolate and call NHS 111.
Please find current advice and guidance, from Public Health England, click here.