Privacy and Cookies
On 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be enforced across Europe, including the UK. The law aims to give citizens more control over their data and to create a uniformity of rules to enforce across the continent.
The GDPR places a greater emphasis on the rights of the data subject. These rights are:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right of rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
According to the new regulation, all personal data must be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals
- Collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes, and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; steps should be taken to rectify or erase without delay
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the data
The GDPR also includes an accountability principle which states that we must be able to demonstrate compliance with the above principles.
What does this have to do with me?
As a result of the GDPR, a number of changes need to be made to the ways in which the College holds and processes personal data, and it is important that you are aware of your responsibilities.
Please read Barton Peveril Sixth Form College GDPR Privacy Policies which can be accessed below:
- General Data Protection Policy
- Privacy notice for Students
- Privacy notice for Employees
- Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
- Cookies Policy
Subject Access Requests
If you wish to access your data, please send a subject access request to firstname.lastname@example.org, who will provide a form for you to complete.