- GCSEs to include a Grade 5 in English
- Minimum Average GCSE Score required for this course: 5.5
- Law is the second most popular degree course chosen by university students
- Every year around a quarter of students studying A Level Law at Barton Peveril go on to follow Law-based courses
- Our academic programme is brought to life by visits from guest speakers and trips to courts and universities to see the law in action.
The law course has been created to inspire, nurture and build an interest in law. The varied content is designed to develop knowledge and skills for the further study of law, and related subjects, such as business. Students will explore the nature of law in a wide context and investigate how the law interacts with society, technology, morality and justice. The optional topic of human rights will allow students to explore the specific rights and the restrictions upon them and the process of enforcement through the courts. This engaging course will enable students to know and understand the changing nature of law and the interaction between law, society, technology, morals and justice.
Studying Law opens up endless possibilities for your future. If you love reading, researching and debating current issues and want to understand the implications of legal decisions on our lives – Law is for you.