The origins of Barton Peveril Sixth Form College date back to 1904 and the Eastleigh Pupil Teachers’ Centre which occupied rooms at the Eastleigh Railway Institute on the corner of Leigh Road and Market Street.
In 1909 the Centre moved into the Wesleyan Hall behind the Methodist Church in the High Street and later become known as Eastleigh Secondary School and Pupil Teachers’ Centre.
The Barton Peveril link came in 1918 when the school moved to Barton Peveril House on the Bishopstoke Road. Eventually it became known as the County Secondary School, Barton Peveril, Eastleigh and then Eastleigh County High School with the move to Desborough Road in 1932.
The present Chestnut Avenue campus dates back to 1957 when the High School moved and became Barton Peveril Grammar School. Barton Peveril was designated as a sixth form college in 1973.