The sixth form years are a really important stepping stone for young people as they start to become more independent and make crucial decisions that will shape their future lives.
Being the parent of a teenager has its challenges, but your support plays a key role in enabling your son or daughter to maximise their academic potential while developing into a responsible citizen. That’s why Barton Peveril encourages a three-way relationship between students, their parents and the college.
Ofsted describes our academic and pastoral care, guidance and support for students as ‘outstanding’. Inspectors also commented on how well students are prepared for life after college. We keep in touch with you through
- the parents’ pages of our internal website
- online attendance and performance monitors
- your child’s personal tutor and progress manager
- briefing meetings on topics such as funding for higher education
- parents’ evenings
Just as we have clear expectations of our students, we ask parents to
- take an interest in their life at college
- make use of online data and resources
- contact us with any concerns
- ensure holidays are not booked during term time
- help students achieve a balance between college work, paid employment, hobbies and their social lives
Adult careers and learning advice
Would you like to discuss your own career and learning plans?
If so, then the college can provide free, impartial advice. To book an appointment please call the Adult Learning Team on 023 80 367225 or email: email@example.com.